This was formerly a post, but because of its popularity I have promoted it to a permanent page. Here’s my list of not-to-be-missed blogs about domaining, by top domainers (I included mine on the list – forgive the presumption). In alphabetical order:
- CircleID.com – http://www.circleid.com/
More of a social media site than a true blog, CircleID.com is a community hub for the internet’s infrastructure & policies.
- The Conceptualist – http://www.conceptualist.com/
Sahar Sarid’s is co-founder of Recall Media Group and self-made domain entrepreneur. I check this one every day.
- David Carter’s Blog – http://www.david-carter.com/blog/
David is a domainer and internet marketer from Birmingham, U.K.
- DailyDomainer.com – http://www.dailydomainer.com/
I’m not sure what’s going on with the Daily Domainer. This blog was inactive from June to October, then there was a small flurry of posts, and now it is dormant once again. In any case there’s plenty of good archived material.
- DirectNavigation.com – http://directnavigation.com/
A recent addition to this list, DirectNavigation.com is written by an experienced domainer. Frequent updates consist of short domain industry news briefs.
- DNBizBlog.com – http://www.dnbizblog.com/
DNBizBlog just debuted in November 2007, but is a truly welcome addition with excellent advice and personal experiences of a long-time domainer. This is what we need more of.
- DomainBits.com – http://www.domainbits.com/
Jeff Behrendt’s blog debuted in November 2007 and has already garnered a lot of attention for its well-researched posts.
- Domain Name News – http://www.domainnamenews.com/
Run by two domainers, this blog supplies domain industry news, particularly coverage of domain conferences.
- DomainPulse.com – http://www.domainpulse.com/
Domain pulse provides a steady stream of domain name industry news.
- DomainerPro.com – http://www.domainerpro.com/
W. H. Abdelgawad’s new domaining blog is a welcome addition. Good information for beginning domainers, and general domaining strategies.
- The Domainer’s Gazette – http://www.domainersgazette.com/
Billed as ” Domainers Covering the Domaining Industry”, this is Peter Askew’s domaining blog. Peter started this blog in March 2007 and has posted much useful information.
- DomainTools Blog – http://blog.domaintools.com/
Jay Westerdal’s blog is updated frequently and provides heavy coverage of domain name conferences and auctions. Jay is a frequent poster on NamePros.com as well.
- Domain Name Wire – http://www.domainnamewire.com/
News source for the domain name industry written by industry experts and edited by Andrew Allemann.
- Dominik Mueller Domain Name Consulting – http://www.dmueller.com/
Dominik, who has been in the domain business since 2003, specializes in the sale and acquisition of premium domain names.
- DotSauce Domain News Magazine – http://www.dotsauce.com/
DotSauce was founded in April 2007 by Mark Fulton who says, “we understand that you want more than drab news and controversy concerning ICANN, so we will often times include articles, reviews and news on innovative applications and resources you may find useful.”
- Elliot’s Blog – http://www.elliotsblog.com/
Elliot Silver is the owner of Top Notch Domains LLC, which owns a strong portfolio of generic domain names. His blog is definitely a must-read, not least for his superb “5 With” series of interviews of major domaining personalities.
- Inside Domaining – http://www.insidedomaining.blogspot.com/
“This is Your Time, You Were Born to Be A Domainer!”
- The Key – http://blogs.business2.com/sloan/
Paul Sloan’s blog is a member of Business 2.0’s Blog Network, and is very industry oriented.
- Name Brief – http://www.namebrief.com/
Bret Fausett is not a prolific poster, but his writing is interesting and relevant.
- RickLatona.com – http://www.ricklatona.com/
Rick Latona is a top domainer who has recently debuted a blog and a daily newsletter in which he offers premium domains for sale at low prices.
- The Rick Shwartz Domain and Traffic Blog – http://www.ricksblog.com/
Rick Schwartz, the “Domain King,” says that he is “famous for ruffling feathers.” Unfortunately he recently wrote his “last post,” though he does occasionally post updates about TRAFFIC conferences.
- Seven Mile: the Official Frank Schilling Blog – http://frankschilling.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Frank Schilling is one of the dukes of the domain name industry. Any domainer can learn a lot from him.
- Tropical SEO – http://tropicalseo.com/
Crude language but insightful posts on search engine optimization (obviously), domaining and “competitive webmastering.”
- Whizzbangsblog.com – http://whizzbangsblog.com/
Michael Gilmour’s domaining blog.
- Aaron Wall’s SEO Book.com – http://www.seobook.com/
An important blog about online marketing and search engine optimization.
- CopyBlogger.com – http://www.copyblogger.com/
Copywriting tips for online marketing success.
- DNXpert.com – http://www.dnxpert.com/
Domain name industry news. Blogger John Motson also regularly shares lists of good expired or available domain names with his readers and subscribers.
- doshdosh – http://www.doshdosh.com/
Subtitled “helping you make money online”, doshdosh.com is an incredibly useful blog. Updated daily, there is a wealth of information here about blogging, website monetization and promotion strategies, and online entrepreneurship in general.
- Tony Hill’s Ad Publishing Blog – http://www.tony-hill.net/
Great guidance on effective web publishing.
- Ambler on the Net – http://www.ambler.net/
Christopher Ambler’s industry blog, covering Internet industry news, ICANN, the Domain Name System, Domainers, domain monetization, and other items of interest.
- The Amateur Domainer – http://www.amateurdomainer.com/
He portrays himself as a total bumbler, just trying to make a few cents. But for a beginner he’s doing a lot of things right. I ended up reading almost every post he’s written.
- BorgHunter’s Blog – http://www.borghunter.com/
Though only a high school student, Mitchell Bundy’ – the “Borg Hunter” -has notably developed a domain name portfolio plugin for WordPress.
- BVTD.com: Buying, Valuating and Trading Domains – http://bvtd.com/
A new blog introduced in March 2008 by a fellow who collects LLLL.com and LLLLL.com domains as a hobby.
- Domaining.org.uk – http://www.domaining.org.uk/
An excellent blog that focuses on .uk domains.
- DNVW: Domain Name Values Weekly – http://www.dnvw.com/
This blog recently changed hands and David, the new owner, has given it a fresh breath of life. With its new design and updated content, this is one to watch.
- Income.com – http://www.income.com/
John Reese’s Income.com blog contains a lot of useful information about marketing, traffic generation and SEO.
- Newfound Names LLC – http://www.newfoundnames.com/
A new domainer blog with great common-sense articles for newbies.
- Quad Letter Domains – http://www.quadletterdomains.com/
Market trends, news and personal experience of four letter domains for enthusiasts and investors.
- StevePavlina.com: Personal Development for Smart People – http://www.stevepavlina.com/
Steve Pavlina’s blog contains enough material on personal development to fill several books. He also writes about blogging and making money online.Inactive Blogs:
- DomainEditorial.com – http://www.domaineditorial.com/
This blog has not been active since July 2007 but has some good archived material.
- Domain Rookie – http://domainrookie.com/
Subtitled, “Stumbling through the domain investment world one day at a time”, this is another blog that had some promise but petered out in July 2007.
Other Important Blogs
These blogs are not focused specifically on domain names, though some of them do address the topic from time to time. But they are very useful for anyone interested in website monetization and profitable web publishing:
These are not necessarily must-read blogs, but they make for interesting reading nonetheless: